Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Organic Oatmeal Choco-chip Cookies


This recipe I got from a Pilates client at my work. One day she came in with these amazing ginormous oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and low and behold they were also made with organic ingredients! **Gasp!** Organic desserts have come a long way lately and I'm so happy about that. These were even a hit with my boyfriend who usually doesn't like organic foods(or just pretends he doesn't).

So the client is not only stinking rich, has an amazing body, but she can also bake some bomb cookies...some girls have all the luck! Thankfully she shared the recipe with us so now I can pass them on to you. The ingredients don't HAVE to be organic so improvise if needed.

1 cup(2 sticks) unsalted softened butter(not melted)
2 eggs
1/2 cup organic sugar(cane sugar), I used Turbinado Raw Sugar
1 cup organic light brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Blend above ingredients, then add:
1 cup whole wheat(organic) flour
1/2 cup white flour
3 1/4 cups whole organic oats(not instant)
1 cup milk chocolate chips(semi sweet works as well)

Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes depending on size of cookies on parchment paper covered sheets; I pulled them out at 14 but could have done it sooner. I used an ice cream scooper to measure them. Here are some of the tips that the client gave us: she tends to double the cookie size when scooping onto sheet and double the recipe. She slightly under bakes them so when the edges look done but center is still soft so they are moist and chewy. You can add nuts, shredded coconut or even chocolate drizzle on top before baking too.

Even though I didn't double the cookie size they perfect because portion control for me goes out the window with big cookies...I know my weaknesses.  Looking at the edges was a good tip because they are still moist in the center. Next time I might try oat flour for my mom who is gluten intolerant.

Linked up to: Tasty Tuesdays

2 comments:

natasha {schue love} said...

These look delicious! Love oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!

Jenna Lee said...

I couldnt agree more with natasha! I love them too and they look amazingly good! YUMMMM!