Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Natural Wood Beams


Lately I’ve been browsing through Pinterest online, pinning up a storm of inspirational design ideas for when I eventually get to decorate my own home. As I look back through the pictures that I’ve pinned, there are definite items that I’ve noticed I am drawn to. One of those are homes with natural wood beams on the ceilings and walls!

They remind me of a cabin that my family owned in Lake Arrowhead a long time ago. The beams have such a rustic, casual vibe that I just want to curl up on a couch and have hot cocoa in front of a fire (assuming it isn’t 85 degrees out like it is right now in SoCal). Then when the beams are set over clean, light neutral furniture and décor, I’m head over heals! Add a pop of color with greens or blues, I’m about to drool. It gives me hope that I can have a home with a cabin vibe and not have live where it's cold. After all I can't quite wear sandals all year when there is snow in the winter... I'm such a stereotypical Southern California girl, aren't I?








 Is anyone else as excited about wooden beams as I am?

4 comments:

Yelena Starikova said...

Beautiful and Chic!

Im your new follower!

AllGlamThings

henning love said...

hi becca,
wow these photos are absolutely gorgeous, the wooden beams are outstanding, you might have just made them my newest favorite thing! hope you are having a great day
meg
henninglove.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love those beams! I have been pinning and browsing pins up a storm lately too!Such great ideas out there!

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

Loving those beams around the headboard!! Rustic chic!!