Thursday, September 8, 2011

TGIF!!

Thank goodness it's finally Friday!! This week has sure been long! Has it been the same for you? I don't think I could be more excited that it's Friday! Yay Friday!

I've been very thankful for being active in blogging during school because it's really given me an outlet for creativity because I feel like I'm bombarded with science all day long. Not that it's a bad thing, and I really like what I'm learning but I like to stare at clothes and DIY projects online from time to time instead of a cadaver's bootayyy!

So to get my creative juices flowing I modeled this week's Friday's Fancies after the outfit below.
military jacket
What drew me to the outfit was the contrast between the masculine military jacket and the femininity of the poofy skirt. Put those two together and BAM! It's Fashion!

I really really want this outfit! I think the key is a well made jacket. For Christmas my mom got a military jacket from H&M which was cute, but not well made. It didn't fit well, hang well, or have any structure so I returned it. If it was like the one above, that would be a different story.

I think the shoes are also an interesting choice because they wouldn't seem like they'd work to me but once I had the outfit put together I couldn't think of any other type of shoe.

I am at a loss for what accessories though. I couldn't find a purse or even jewelry that I liked with the outfit. A nice gold watch would be nice, but not too big like those massive watches out there.

Onto another topic...Anyone effected by the massive power outage in Southern California and Arizona? Some power was out in the lower half of Orange County but stopped right before my town. Phheewssh! I was afraid I'd be stranded on the train somewhere. Hopefully I'll be able to get on the train tomorrow morning for school or else I'll have to drive. The drive there isn't bad but I don't want to drive home from LA at 5pm on a Friday...

Any plans for the weekend?! So far mine aren't too exciting but I think next weekend will be better. I'm planning on going to my first tailgate with the USC DPT department! Should be fun after a long week of school.

14 comments:

Susan said...

Love the outfit Becca! It's so chic. Have a fantastic weekend!

birdie to be said...

So cute... and great matching! Happy Friday!

Hilliary Meisner said...

I am in love with that jacket, actually I am in love with that entire outfit!! Happy Friday!

Unknown said...

Such an adorable outfit! I want to copy it with what I've got but I dont think it will be as darling :)

Happy weekend!

Amanda || Eclectic Snapshots said...

LOVE the outfit! Super cute!
Happy weekend!

Lauren said...

Super cute!!

My sister was affected by the outage - she's in San Diego. So glad she has her power back now :)

Coley said...

I love this outfit as well. You're right, I don't think the outfit would be as amazing without that well-fit jacket

henning love said...

great copy cat look love it! so glad to hear you didn't get affected by the power outage that was crazy!! have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

So cute! I want to own that skirt...love it!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

xoxo,
Joelle
www.whereweloveishome.com

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Way cute! I was looking for a jacket like that two years back and never did find one :(

Have a great weekend!

Stephanie said...

I'm in love with that jacket! It totally makes the whole outfit! Hopefully the train went ok today!

.Candy. said...

This is a very cool outfit! Love the jacket with the red skirt!!

http://intoxicatedchameleon.blogspot.com

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

love the military chic look!

amy grace said...

Yay for Fridays! Cute outfit - not sure if I could pull it off, but it's cute nonetheless!