Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hooray for a Long Weekend!!

Another week has come to an end! And luckily the end of this week brings an long weekend!! I don't have school Monday!! Yippee! 3 days of sleeping in for me :)

I know it's totally shallow to be excited for a holiday for the sake of no school but just admit it you were too!

So in honor of labor day, I'm linking up again for Friday's Fancies and created an end of summer outfit! I really wish I could be rocking this look at the beach somewhere but in reality I'll probably studying somewhere. Boo! :(
Friday's Fancies



This should come as no surprise to you that I picked this color combo. It screams summer and ocean breezes. I love the flowyness of the top and the turquoise stones on the shoes and ring. A bit matchy matchy but I like it :) Then with the clutch and straw fedora...*sigh*

In other news, my mom broke her tibia and fibula on Thursday from tripping in super unstable heels. I've told her not to wear these particular heels because she doesn't know how to walk in them. Luckily for me, I learned how to teach people how to walk with crutches in school last week so she will be my practice patient for a while. She will be seeing an orthopedist in the morning so we'll see what the verdict is.


















I know this picture isn't the greatest but you can see a thin dark line in the left bone(Tibia) and there is another similar line on the right bone(fibula) that is harder to see with this picture(it's a picture of a photocopied x-ray).


What are you doing this long weekend? Any fun plans? Don't wear huge heels whatever you do!

11 comments:

Hollie Ann said...

I LOVE that clutch Becca!

Meggan said...

The color combination you picked is just perfect! I love the top - perfect for the close to summer! I'm so sorry about your mom! I hope she recovers quickly! xo

Ruthie Hart said...

oh no!!!!!! I am so sorry to hear about your mama! My brother in law broke his a couple years ago...OUCH!

Lauren said...

I love the coral & turquoise combo - it's a personal fav combination :)

So sorry about your mom!! Hope the break isn't too bad and the healing process is as quick as can be!

Unknown said...

Love the outfit! Perfect for this weekend. And that xray makes me feel squirmish. Your poor mama!

amy grace said...

Hope your mom is okay! I love the shoes and the whole outfit! I'm excited for sleeping in this weekend, too!

birdie to be said...

Thoughts to your mom! Great blouse. Happy weekend

P! said...

Oh no!! Get well soon, Mom! I love this outfit, as I ALWAYS do on your Friday Fancies posts. :) I need that top and those sandals!! Enjoy the long weekend and sleeping in... I know I will!!

henning love said...

ouch sorry your mom broke her tibia and fibulia, good thing she has a daughter who is learning all about that sort of stuff. have a great three day weekend. cute outfit! i love that ring!

REBrown said...

Love this outfit! I'm pinning it!

Stephanie {a dash of GLAM} said...

i love this top! what a cute outfit!