Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bib please!

I'm a little behind on the band wagon here so please forgive me for my tardiness on this post. When bib necklaces starting gaining popularity again a few months ago I didn't get it. Some were pretty, some weren't but over all my opinion towards bib necklaces were "Ehh, their alright."

Forgive me fashion gods, for I was blind. It wasn't until a week ago that I realized the genuineness of them. I doubt that designers came up with them to help people like me though. Let me explain.

I got a shirt from GAP that I absolutely love! The same style as below but in a blush color. And I even got one with white and coral stripes. That style shirt fit me perfectly! Favorite shirt status! But then....
I washed my face before bed one night with my normal face wash routine. And the product bleached the neckline of the shirt right in the center to a bright coral!! I almost cried! My face stuff has a tendency to bleach pillow cases but it NEVER bleached a shirt. And of course GAP didn't have my size anymore even of different colors.

But then the light bulb went on when I was thinking of how I could still wear the shirt and not be paranoid about the bleach stain. BIB NECKLACE!! Duh! They go down far enough to cover the neckline! Now I need to find the perfect one! Here are some fun ones!












Source: google.ca via Becca on Pinterest


I really like ones with stones and beads obviously!  There are some nice fabric versions out there. Maybe a DIY project?

Do you have a similar story with a favorite piece of clothing? Anyone know of another way to save my shirt?

15 comments:

Lauren said...

Such a fun excuse to try a new trend... I have several shirts that have been retired into PJ shirts for the very same reason!

Ruthie Hart said...

I need to jump on the bib necklace bandwagon! I love the look paired with a simple top. I need to be brave and just buy one!

Hilliary Meisner said...

I love bib necklaces! They are a great way to dress up a t-shirt1 You found some super cute ones! Have a great day!!

Unknown said...

So frustrating! Although I think the necklace will be the perfect solution!
I had something similar happen with a new favorite skirt. I got the skirt (oddly enough - also from the gap!) and the second time I wore it I cleaned one of my rings with new jewelry cleaner and sure enough got a bit on my skirt and bleached it all down the side. I was SO annoyed.

Danielle said...

Bib necklaces are awesome! I was always afraid of wearing them because they were so big, but once you give them a chance you are hooked! You should definitely do a diy!

henning love said...

so pretty becca!! bummer about the bleach i would be so pissed too at myself for letting that happen and then gap is out of your size, ugh doubly pissed!! i think bib necklaces are great, you picked out so really cute ones!

natasha {schue love} said...

Good fix!!! That's thinking like a fashionista right there! All of those are lovely choices!

REBrown said...

I love the turquoise and orange ones!

Caitlin C. said...

Oh my.. I love the coral and teal ones! But all of them are gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

I don't own a bib necklace, but I really like the ones you showed. If you end up not liking the necklaces, maybe try using RIT Dye to re-dye your shirt?!?

P! said...

A bib necklace is EXACTLY what you should do! Not sure how big the stain is, but when I get stains on my clothes, I reach for big brooches to wear over them. If you like something, do all you can to salvage it!! Good luck!

Susan said...

Those are all awesome Becca. I absolutely love that first one!

Holly said...

I was the same way but now I am all about them!
You do have to find the perfect simple top to wear with them though.
I love that turquoise one you posted!

Anonymous said...

awesome blog, do you have twitter or facebook? i will bookmark this page thanks.

My blog:
rachat de credits www.rachatdecredit.net

amy grace said...

I love this necklace style! But I had no idea it had a name! I have one necklace like this from Forever21. It's pearls and chain and it's SO HEAVY. Hubby calls it a cleavage-hidder necklace because it covers that whole area haha!