Thursday, August 18, 2011

Friday's Fancies: 1st day of School

This Friday's Fancies is totally perfect for me this week! The theme is "Back to School Best" and as many of you know, I also went back to school yesterday! If I had the wardrobe that Polyvore does then this is what I would probably wear...
too cool for school





I wanted to go for something casual but put together. Nothing really over the top. I paired neutrals with my fav color for some fun. And instead of a backpack which I will undoubtedly end up using eventually, I put in a giant tote for notebooks and such.

I'm thinking I need to invest in some Sperry's. They are pretty cool! And I really want those Oakley's. That pair is actually the only kind of aviator that looks good on my face. All but those that I've tried on make me look sad because they come down too far. They are definitely on my Christmas list and the bf is well aware.

For my first day of school I wish I could wear something like this but unfortunately my go-to jeans(all 3 of them) wear being hemmed. It's about time though and it got up to 86 on campus so maybe it's best I couldn't wear them.

I took a picture of what I wore the first day of school but I haven't mastered taking pictures of myself in a mirror so they didn't turn out well. And 6am isn't my finest hour when it comes to handling technology. I'll update everyone soon about how orientation went!

23 comments:

An Enchanted Evening said...

I love love love this! Im rocking a cardi on my first day of class and i don't care if its 90 degree heat! I'm doing it! :)

seriously so cute though.
<3

-Jackie

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

Definitely looks cool for school!! and everywhere else for that matter..love the blue and caramel together and of course the rose gold watch! Thank goodness you could start your school week on Thursday bc, hellooo, today is FRIDAY!! ;) Have a wonderful weekend Becca!

Stephanie said...

Totally looks like an outfit I'd wear. I love it!

Hilliary Meisner said...

Love the outfit you picked out!! I would totally wear that outfit!

Lauren said...

I feel like I wear this outfit every day.. so, of course I love it :)

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

i want those aviators! so classic and perfect. xoxo jillian:: don't miss my fishs eddy dish giveaway!

henning love said...

adore this outfit becca hard to look cute at 6am but i know you can pull it off! hope orientation went well! catch up whenever you can

sherri lynn said...

Love this! Especially that shade of blue and all the accessories!

Unknown said...

This is a great look - perfect for the first day but also for any other day too :) Hope everything went well!

P! said...

Congrats on back to school!! I love this outfit... especially since I have ALMOST bought like half these items lately, but couldn't justify the spending. Clearly we have the same great taste. ;) Have a wonderful weekend!

Coley said...

I'm wearing an outfit really close to this today (it's casual Friday at work). Have fun with your first day back to school!!

Simply Camylla said...

How fun!! Thats a great outfit!!

natasha {schue love} said...

I am loving that tote! Great outfit for Back to School!

Meggan said...

Love your back to school look! It is timeless and fresh all at the same time...loving that rose gold watch too. I hope your first day back at school was great! Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

Oh my...where do I begin??? So many of my favorite things. I love my Sperrys and think that you should def get a pair ;) That bag is gorgeous (who makes it?) and I have been in love with that rose gold MK watch forever.

Design Eat Repeat said...

Cute! I would have never thought of that pairing of casual and elegant but you definitely got it right! Just found your blog...I'm your newest follower :)

Brunette & Blessed said...

Love the sperrys. They are so cute... I'm still trying to decide if I can pull that look off!

Stephanie said...

This is so cute! I love that bag! Happy weekend :)

Holly said...

I love the blue and tan!

amy grace said...

LOVE the outfit. Accessories are lovely.

{The Perfect Palette} said...

definitely too cool for school!

xoxo, chrissy
The Perfect Palette

Andi said...

I'm a new follower and just wanted to chime in on the Sperry's. You need some! They're the best investment I've ever made. I can wear them all day with no pain- it's like not wearing shoes at all!

Amanda said...

This is a super cute look! Love your blog :-) Good luck with grad school. Very exciting! xoxo

Amanda
Pretty Little Things