Thursday, August 25, 2011

Friday's Fancies + White Coat

Hellooooo everyone!  

I'm back in the blogging business after a little break for school! I'd like to thank my good friends Ruthie, Meg, and Hollie for helping me out the past few days! It's so great to have such amazing friends via the blogiverse.

School has been going well and it is definitely an adjustment! I don't remember undergrad being so exhausting...but then again I didn't have 4 hour lectures either. I'm meeting a lot of people and being pretty overwhelmed by the volume of information that needs to get into my brain...and actually stay there unlike undergrad!

I've been missing blogging more than I thought I would. I feel deprived that I can't check out everyone's blog like I used to but will make it a mission on the weekend to try to catch up so please forgive me if you haven't seen any comments from me lately. Does any one have any suggestions for how to balance blogging and school? lol

Alright, now to the good stuff! As usual, it's Friday's Fancies time over here! This week the theme is Weddings!! I loooove weddings and even helped out at a few weddings as a wedding planner's assistant. For this week, since I don't have any close friends getting married any time soon I decided to base my outfit around being a wedding guest.

Wedding Guest


I really love this burnt orange color paired with the jade colored jewelry. Jade is just so pretty and I wish I had more of it though Mom has a ton!! Did you know that jade is supposed to have protective powers? But I digress...

I really think adding the white purse and shoes makes the outfit a little more crisp and clean. Even though wearing white at a wedding is a no-go, shoes and purses should work fine, right? Right?



Onto other news. Yesterday my school's Doctor of Physical Therapy program had the White Coat Ceremony where the newbies, like me, get our super sweet white coats. The ceremony is supposed to symbolize our transition into the physical therapy profession now and not just when we graduate. So I have a cool new white coat!
Ooooohhhh yeahhhhh!
Me and the boyfriend before the ceremony :)
The parents!

With my schnazzy new coat! Fight On!!

So professional right?!
 It was pretty cool to have a ceremony at the beginning of a school program rather than just at the end. The ceremony got all of us even more stoked for what is a head of us, and slightly terrified at the same time. The next three years will be long and challenging but I'm still excited to get closer to becoming a PT.

For the weekend I plan on exercising(since I only did once this week) and hitting the books. Exciting right?

What are your plans for the weekend?! I hope your doing something more fun than I am! :-p

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Visiting from Friday's Fancies. Congrats on the "white coat" and a very awesome accomplishment. I graduated last May with my BA in Psychology at the age of 34. I love, love, love your outfit. The whole ensemble if fabulous and I'll take one of each please. Have a wonderful weekend full of celebrating!

Stephanie said...

Congrats on the white coat!!! I love Jade too..if only I had some!

{The Perfect Palette} said...

congrats! Oh, and ps, looks like we're on the same color wavelength today

xoxo, chrissy
The Perfect Palette

Lauren said...

I adore that dress, and outfit in general!

Also, huge congrats!! I know the white coat ceremony is a big deal - and it's just the beginning of a whole new exciting chapter in your life :)

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

CONGRATS!! that is a huge accomplishment. i love those earrings too :) xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

Ruthie Hart said...

congratulations on your white coat missy! Such a great accomplishment!! And thanks for hosting me on your blog this week :-)

Unknown said...

I love the red dress and the jewelry you paired with it! Have a great weekend!

henning love said...

love the outfit becca!! and feel free to ask me anytime to do a guest post for you, always wanting to help out a friend. and snazzy white coat! you totally rock it!

Holly said...

I love that orange and teal combo, very chic! And congrats on the white coat!!!

Rachel said...

Hey we picked the same dress, different colors! You have great taste! :-)

Happy Friday!

Rachel said...

Sorry I did I blogging "no-no" and just looked at the pictures instead of actually reading your post! So now I've read it and Congratualtions!!!! Good luck in your program!

Nicole Rene said...

Wow. Those shoes. And that color combination! I'm loving i!!! Great picks! :)

REBrown said...

Love all the turquoise jewelry!

Marian said...

I definitely think I am going to have to stalk down that dress!!

Unknown said...

I love that orange dress! Totally gorgeous!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

Congrats!

Brunette & Blessed said...

Congrats! So excited for you!

birdie to be said...

CONGRATS!!! Sooooo exciting! :) Love your board too, that dress is adorable.

Charlotte Beecham said...

I love your blog, your style and vibe are great. check out mine, would love it if you followed me back
http://clothesovercarbs.blogspot.com/

audrey marie said...

congrats!!

love that orange color with blue!

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

yay for PT school!!!! i am an OT and i love my co-workers that are PTs. Good luck with school...i know you will kick its butt!!!!

amy grace said...

Awesome new white coat!! And I love that burnt orange dress and the jade accents!!