Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Carmelized Peach Salad

I saw a picture of a new salad that California Pizza Kitchen had on their menu that looked tasty and pretty easy, so I figured I'd give it a try. Mine is a little different than theirs, I only looked at the picture, not the online description. But it served as a good inspiration!
CPK's Caramelized Peach Salad
The only thing that needs to be cooked are the peaches so I decided to grill them.
4 ripe peaches
1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup brown sugar

Preheat grill to medium high heat. Cut peaches in half and remove the pit. Cut the halves in half and toss in a bowl with extract and brown sugar. Let sit for 15 minutes while grill heats up. Place them skin side down for about 3 minutes until the skin is slightly charred. Then turn the peaches and grill about 1 minute on the remaining sides until you get grill marks. Let them cool a few minutes before tossing them in the salad.

For the rest of the salad I used a head of romaine, chopped toasted walnuts, feta cheese, carrots, and cucumbers. When I added the peaches I also threw in a little champagne vinaigrette.
It was a big hit!! The caramelized peaches added some sweetness but it wasn't overly sweet. It was definitely an easy way to spruce up a salad.

Linked up with Tasty Tuesdays

18 comments:

Simply Camylla said...

that looks so delicious! My mouth is watering!

Nat{natyouraveragegirl} said...

i wish i liked peaches! maybe i will try this with a different fruit like apples? thanks for the recipe!

Danielle said...

I've never been one for putting fruit in my salads, but those caramelized peaches look amazing! I love cooking by just going off a photo - makes it much more interesting!

Jessie said...

That looks amazing! I cannot wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!!

amy grace said...

Looks delicious! I have not taken advantage of peaches yet this summer! Must get on that!

Ruthie Hart said...

wow this looks delicious! My hubby hates to mix sweet and savory so rarely do I get to eat sweet salads but I am going to have to try this!

birdie to be said...

Great recipe! Sounds amazing!

Meggan said...

Becca this salad looks amazing!! What a perfect summer salad!

henning love said...

how creative you are! by the way did you see that taylor from realhousewives of bevelry hills committed suicide, wowzers!

Megan and Justin said...

this looks amazing! thanks for sharing :)

Megan and Justin said...

this looks amazing! thanks for sharing :)

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

Delish! We do not have a grill or backyard for that matter. But I bet it would work on my griddle. nice share!

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

looks sooooo yummy! cant wait to try out the recipe.

Collins @ Life. Mostly Sweet. said...

Yum!!!!

REBrown said...

Looks delicious! I love grilled fruit.

natasha {schue love} said...

Ohhh yummy!!! I have some extra peaches too...need to try this asap!

trishie said...

That squirrel pic is hilarious! hahahaha!

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

Oh yummy!! I must try this recipe out! I love peaches and I love salads so mixing the two will be glorious!!