Thursday, August 11, 2011

shutters

I've noticed that in my posts about home decor, I gravitate towards pieces that can be recycled and aren't quite what you'd expect to see in certain places of a house. But with the right color and placement they work.

Same goes with window shutters. They aren't just for keeping the sun out anymore!

















Source: google.ca via Becca on Pinterest




I love a good plantation shutter but I'm not sure I'd buy some for the sole purpose of decorating anything besides a window. I'm assuming these babies can probably get expensive. But if I find some laying around the neighborhood, dumpster, or a friend is getting rid of her's then I'm going to snatch them up sooooo quickly. Like BAM mine!

My favorite is the headboard for sure. Maybe I should get a headboard since I love them so much?

What do you think? Like the shutters? Or think they just belong on windows?

20 comments:

Susan said...

I love this! I've been seeing shutters everywhere and have wanted to use them for some time. I'm with you, I love the headboard look. I also am crushing on the jewelry holder too! It's so cute, but with a purpose too!

elisabeth said...

this is such a cute idea!!!
you've got the wheels turning in my head...
thanks for the inspiration!

♥elisabeth

Hollie Ann said...

I love the shutter plant stand!! I am so confused on how to decorate my room!

henning love said...

i love the idea of reusing pieces that can be recycled keep it up becca! using the shutter for the plant in the bathroom is super cute. i saw some shutters once at a garage sale and was really interested in them but they were already sold.

Ruthie Hart said...

I LOVE the shutter look and have been seeing them a lot on Pinterest! Let me know if you do any of the projects!

Carolina On My Mind said...

So cute! I've always wanted to find big, tall shutters and attached them like folding doors. I would then use them to hold photographs! Love all of these ideas! :)

Rebecca said...

love the shutters!!
<3

Anonymous said...

i love this idea! so cute!

Lauren said...

I love shutters! Especially for organizational purposes :)

Alexa said...

Love that little note board. Adorable!
xo
Alexa
www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

Hilliary Meisner said...

I love this idea! Especially using shutters for jewelry and to hang picture frames! Cute!

Caitlin C. said...

My favorite is the home office... the one holding papers.. what a great idea!

P! said...

Lady, you always find the greatest stuff! I'm crazy over the headboard and flower box/vase. So cute!! :D

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

Fabulous up-cycling! I love the idea of the letter holder and also in the bathroom. Unexpected places but yet it fits naturally?!

amy grace said...

LOVE the shutters!! Especially the one over the mirror, housing a plant in a bathroom and the organizer board - what a great idea!

Amanda {feast.fashion.faves} said...

aaw so creative!! i love using shutters other than for it's intended purpose!

<3Amanda
feast.fashion.faves
Enter my First Giveaway!

Chelsea @ two twenty one said...

Great pins! I love the earring holder shutter!

Heather & Justin said...

I LOVE shutters! we have them for our headboard too, and hanging in our living room! I love the ones in the bathrooms! wonderful finds!!!

-Heather from lifeofapasseri.blogspot.com

Sierra said...

What a great idea and they look so elegant as decor items, not just to keep out the light! I think I like them in a desk area or holding jewelry the best. So creative!

Anonymous said...

love this decor idea!