Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekend Update

I realized on Sunday that it would be that last Sunday that was NOT a school night! It kind of bummed me out for a little but besides that I had a great weekend!

The boyfriend was at a Fitness convention in LA for 4 days, IdeaWorld Conference. And he won the "Boyfriend of the Year" award because he got APOLO OHNO'S AUTOGRAPH for me!!!!! That man of mine bought me Apolo's book and had him sign it for me! I'm soooo excited! I'm not one of those crazy Olympian fans but I love Apolo! Can't wait to read his book!
Yup he signed it!!
Apolo and boyfriend
He was pretty tired after the conference...lol
Saturday was eventful! I went on my first ever blate (blog date) with Meg from henning love. It was so great to officially meet her and get to know her more. We met up at Gabbi's Mexican Kitchen in Old Town Orange. If you love Mexican food, then you will LOVE this place!! Yum! I'm so glad Meg suggested it because I will definitely be back.

After lunch and chatting a bunch we browsed some of Old Town's shopping. If you're an antique lover then you'll really enjoy the shops. I'm not quite there yet and don't appreciate antiques as much as I know I will later but they had some cool stuff!
 If you have an opportunity to meet a blogging bestie, definitely take it! It was funny because even though we didn't really know each other we still had a lot to talk about since we knew things from blogging. I really enjoyed our blate and hope school isn't too crazy so we can meet up again. 

Then Sunday was mainly spent clearing out my wardrobe and getting rid of clothes I don't wear, don't fit, and don't remember when I wore last. I was amazed at how much I got rid of and how much room I have now of clothes I actually like! I'm hoping this will help me get out of the "I have nothing to wear" funk. If you're going through this too I recommend reading What I Wore.
.
2 huge trash bags full of cloths and a bag of shoes(don't worry they were cheap
Sunday night I went with the boyfriend to his work banquet. It was nice to put names with faces and meet his work friends. He even received a "most outstanding" award voted by his peers. I'm very proud of him!
I'm starting to get pretty nervous for school! Thursday and Friday I have orientation with my new classmates so it's getting close!!  Eeeeek!

Did you have a good weekend? Anything fun?!
Have you every met a blogger friend in person?


18 comments:

Ashley said...

What a fun weekend! Apolo Ohno's autograph?! That's amazing. And I've never met a blogger friend in person, but I'm jealous- sounds like the best time!

Anonymous said...

what a fun weekend! how fun to meet another blogger in person!

Lauren said...

I started closet purging last night too! I already have one trash bag full and I'm not nearly done. So much space for NEW clothes!! ;)

Ruthie Hart said...

how cool!!! what a sweetie pie of a bf you have!!! and your blog date sounds FUN!! I have had a blog skype date with mrs t naturally, I wish we all lived close!

Coley said...

fun! I want to go on a blate!!
I would love to live closer so I could rummage through your old clothes haha

amy grace said...

What a great BF! The bloggers I have met include my friends that I've known since before blogging...haha! Glad your "blate" was fun!

Rebecca said...

aww what a great bf!
<3

Alexa said...

Had a great weekend! Just sad it's over. Haha. They always go by too fast!
xo
Alexa
www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

Hollie Ann said...

What a fun weekend!! Is that orange in orange county, ca? If so next time I'm up there we should go on a blate!!

Danielle said...

That's awesome you got to meet Meg! She is so sweet! Wish I didn't live on the other side of the country to I could meet the both of you!

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! Glad to hear your blate went so well! ;)

Meggan said...

So glad you and Meg had fun on your blog date! And, congrats to your boyfriend! It means so much to win an award from your peers!

natasha {schue love} said...

How fun that you and Meg got together! Looks like a blast!

Collins @ Life. Mostly Sweet. said...

well it sounds like boyfriend is a pretty swell guy! great job on the signature!!

Unknown said...

So so so jealous of the Apolo Ohno autograph! You are a lucky girl to have such an awesome boyfriend!

Claudia Fabiana said...

How fun! And A+ to your boyfriend ;) I love the City of Orange too. Have you been to Felix's Cuban Restaurant? It's right at the circle.

Unknown said...

That autograph is pretty awesome, you'll have to let us know how the book is!!

P! said...

Oh, how wonderful! I'm glad you had so much fun. There are lots of blog friends that I would like to make real-life friends (not that they aren't, but you know what I mean!). I think it would be fabulous to meet in person. Major kudos on the closet clean-out. I really need to do that myself! Though it seems to me that no matter how many times I clear things out, I still have "nothing to wear". Congrats to your boyfriend on his award and for getting you that autograph!! Well done on his part. :)