Monday, August 1, 2011

Blake Shelton!

On Friday my boyfriend and I went to see Blake Shelton at the Orange County Fair. It was so much fun and if you ever get a chance to see him live then I highly recommend it. He is such a great performer and was so funny.

What I really love about country music artists is that they sound the same in concert as they do on the CDs, unlike most of the pop synthesized crap that's out now. Don't get me wrong though! I love blasting that music but it just isn't the same in concert.

We had to take pictures before heading to the concert, of course!
The sun was very bright!
Yup, I decided to brave wearing boots and shorts. Aren't my knees sexy? :-p
Mom sucks at taking photos and didn't tell us boyfriend's face had stripes...
Before heading to the concert we went to dinner at Sharkey's Woodfired Mexican Grill. A big plate of nachos with organic ingredients sounded much better than fried anything at the fair.
 When we got to the fair we walked around a bit. Neither of us had been there for many years and it was definitely different. Or maybe I'm paying more attention now. There was so much emphasis on food! Like wow! Their new thing this year is fried KoolAid balls...needless to say I didn't try it. But I did get an over priced $10 beer but it was good and kept me warm because genius here didn't bring a jacket...
Then the concert started!! We had seats in the back row but not in the grass. I tried to take the best pictures I could but my camera doesn't zoom well. It's shock/drop proof up to 5 feet(perfect for me) and waterproof but it just doesn't zoom much. 
 A few special guests came out to perform too!! Made my night even better!
Xenia from the Voice came out!!!
DIA FRAMPTON!! Love her!
 He even sang one of his new songs "God Gave Me You" which was amazing!!

We had so much fun and I'd love to see him again! Even my man, who isn't a country fan, enjoyed the show!  He definitely puts on a good show and it's obvious he loves performing!

Anyone else have a good weekend?! Anything exciting?!

25 comments:

henning love said...

becca you are way too cute! you and your boyfriend make an adorable couple, so glad you go to see blake shelton, getting excited for school soon?

Unknown said...

I'm a HUGE Blake Shelton fan! I'm so jealous you got to see him live! I'm glad that the concert was great, I love that new song "God Gave Me You."

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Absolutely love Blake...and that new song is so adorable. I keep waiting for him to do a duet with this ladylove, Miranda, don't you think that would be amazing??? (c:

Unknown said...

I love your boots!! Looks like you guys had a great time, hoorah!

Christianna said...

Hey,

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Daniel Craig is really good looking, in a way!

Looks like you had fun at the concert!

Jenna Lee said...

AWESOME! Glad you had fun! love the boots! You look so stinking cute!

Susan said...

Ahh Blake Shelton! I love love love him! And I loved him on the Voice with Dia. That's awesome that all those people were there. Sounds like an awesome time. He's coming to my town soon!

Holly said...

I saw him when he came here this summer with Brad Paisley...he is SO good in concert!! Glad you had a great time :)

Rebecca said...

Love Blake!! and girl you rocked those boots!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I think cowboy boots and shorts is a totally adorbs look!

Carolina On My Mind said...

You're so lucky! I'd love to see Blake Shelton, definitely one of my favorite country artists!

Val said...

Great pics, looks like you had a great time! Love the boots.

Simply Camylla said...

You and your boyfriend are adorable!
and you looked so cute with shorts and the cowboy boots!

lots of love
simplycamylla.blogspot.com

Allison said...

Love the boots & Blake Shelton! You and your boyfriend are super cute!

colleen said...

yes! so glad you broke out your boots, they looks perfect.

Sweet Pea said...

Always have to take pictures with your cowgirl boots before a country concert :) hehe. I saw him in concert right after he got married and Miranda Lambert came out on stage with him. It was great.

Katie said...

Yumm I love nachos! Look like a great time!

sherri lynn said...

This looks like a fun weekend! You two are so cute! And those organic nachos sounds delicious!

Danielle said...

I just recently started listening to Blake Shelton because of The Voice! I love that he had Xenia and Dia with him. I love their voices! It sure looks like an awesome time. Glad you got to go!

henning love said...

i agree with danielle i think it is sweet that she brought dia and xenia with him, i really liked xenia she had a unique sound, maybe if she opens up more she can have a real career!

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

So glad you had so much fun at the concert!! You look great in your cowboy boots!! and yes, sexaaay knees! ;)

Lindsay With An "A" said...

Aww love these pics! Looks like yall had fun! Blake Shelton is great! I worked in the country music industry until recently, when I started traveling with my husband, and he's great! Great person too :) Thanks for visiting my blog!

Julie {love, julie} said...

you guys are so cute, striped face and all :)

April said...

I wanted to go to that so bad But wasnt able to! So glad you had fun! :) I'm currently living in Irvine! I'd love to meet up for coffee sometime!

XO

Lisa said...

awww you and your bf are SO freakin' cute!! i die over your cowboy boots they're so cute on you!!